Saturday, January 7, 2012

Oh man.

So I have to make an amendment to my menu check in for yesterday. I had two glasses of hot chocolate. I know, I know.... DAMN THE HOLIDAYS! The in-laws brought us massive quantities of cookies, sweets, and two large canisters of Williams-Sonoma hot chocolate. Sigh. Well, it's a special treat I guess and I was having MASSIVE sugar cravings last night. I ate a ton of cream cheese too.

Today is better. I feel more normal, less cravings, less hungry. I'm a little tired of the "everythin
g soup" but thankfully ate the last of it today. I also had fun with spices and made my own spicy pepper

mix since I love hot and my wife does not.
Hot Pepper Mix
- Cayenne Pepper powder
- Chili powder
- Crushed Red Pepper
- A touch of Sweet Paprika
- A touch of Cumin



ALSO -- went to Safeway today planning to pick up coconut milk and cheese.... Huzzah! Tons of meat was on clearance. Over 50% off for all-natural organic chicken thighs. We're talking $1.29/lb for boneless/skinless. And I picked up some london broil for 50% off sticker price. We stocked up quite a bit and now our freezer
looks much happier and full of good food. Plus we got some Foster Farms chicken for the kitties because it was also ridiculously cheap. Yay!

I also... got some Bolthouse Farms stuff. I love Bolthouse, I really do. And they make for a great snack or breakfast if I'm in a pinch. Just found out about bullet proof coffee? Must try this.

Perfectly Protein Vanilla Chai Tea:
Soy milk from concentrate (water, soy milk concentrate), cane sugar, soy protein isolate, green tea (water, green tea), natural flavor, calcium (tricalcium phosphate, carrageenan, vitamin C (ascorbic acid), magnesium (magnesium oxide), vitamin B6 (pyridoxine hydrochloride), zinc (zinc sulfate), iron (ferrous lactate), vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin).

For an 8 oz serving:
Calories: 160, Fat Cal: 27
Total Fat: 3, Sat Fat: 1
Sodium: 60 mg
Carb: 25Sugar: 21
Protein: 10

Pefectly Protein Mocha Capp

uccino:

Mocha cappuccino (low-fat milk, 100% Arabica coffee, natural flavors, vanilla extract (Madagascar), Cocoa), milk whey protein, potassium diphosphate, apple juice, pectin, carrageenan, calcium (tricalcium phosphate), vitamin C (ascorbic acid), magnesium (magnesium oxide), vitamin B6 (pyridoxine hydrochloride), zinc (zinc sulfate), iron (ferrous lactate), vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin).

For an 8 oz serving:
Calories: 178, Fat Cal: 23
Total Fat: 2.5, Sat Fat: 1.5
Sodium: 106 mg
Carb: 29
Sugar: 28
Protein: 10
Check-in time...

Mentally: Feeling good, stable, pretty pleasant.
Physically: Lots of energy and my stomach feels much flatter today.

Menu Check-in: (please note my beautiful spice collection behind the soup ^.^)

B - Was in a hurry to get into town this morning so I had 1/2 an apple and the equivalent of two cups of coffee with coffee mate.

Snack - A serving of Bolthouse Mocha Cappuccino.

L - The last bowl of "everything so
up" enhanced with my new pepper blend. Much better. I might have a salad with turkey, cheese, and avocado. Don't feel I've had enough fat so far today.

Snack - Glass of bubbly water with Stevia. Tomato, avocado, cheese slices. A swig of the Chai Bolthouse.

D - Crock potting the london broil for dinner with leeks, carrots, and celery.

No comments:

Post a Comment