Thursday, January 5, 2012

Getting serious now...

So I've decided it's time to do another round of detox and recommitting to my primal goals. I've gained back a lot of the weight I lost initially since traveling over the summer. I know, it's winter so I'm less active than I was at the height of summer but still... there's wood to be chopped, lifted, hauled, animals to be fed and watered, lots of wilderness to explore.... basically, no excuses.

But the real commitment needs to lie in my eating. I have gone astray, pigging out on junk food and I've felt the brutal effects. As I explore my reasons for getting off track I think most of it points to the move from Washington to Montana. The move was stressful and we lived with Whitney's parents for the month between coming back from traveling and moving to Montana.

Whitney's Parents = CW Eating = Fat Lindsay

But that's all over now. We've been in our new place for over a month now. It's time to quit the shenanigans and get serious. I need to pick up a scale and start weighing myself more consistently to keep tr

ack of my actual progress or lack of. I have also decided to take real 'before' and 'after' photos. Tracking down the two I posted last time was really inspiring -- but I'm not at my lowest now and looking at that picture is the motivation I need. Plus I got to see some pictures taken of me over Christmas.... yeesh. Bad news all around.
How I normally go about this process:
1) Stock up on my comfort foods including lots of dairy, bacon, and baked primal goods.
2) Eat however much I want of only primal foods.
3) Pick up some flavored sparkling water to add Stevia to -- perfect for soda cravings.
4) Focus on not letting myself get hungry at all.

Letting myself eat as much as I want helps with any feelings of deprivation and the primal foods will regulate my appetite after a week or so and I won't eat nearly as much. I hope it's not as bad as the first time. I went through a major "carb flu" and it took almost two weeks to feel right again. But the eating a lot, staying full, and having the right foods on hand really helped.

I will also commit to documenting what I am eating daily -- you know, keep myself honest and all that. I will do a physical, mental, and menu check in hopefully every day.

How I'm feeling...
Mentally: Tired and frustrated. Tried to hang a heavy sliding door and failed. Repeatedly.
Physically: I have a raging headache and I'm pretty hungry from reading other's primal blogs.

Menu Check:
B - Two leftover chicken strips from last night (sooo good!) with ketchup and spicy mustard.

Snack - 1/2 apple with almond butter

L - 2 cups of coffee with coffee mate -- luckily I'm almost out of that stuff. A couple bites of leftover turkey off the bone. I also had one of those Almond Roche things from Christmas.

D - Planning on maybe soup. Having really strong cravings for meat but I need to use up the turkey stock I made... ugh.
Plus I have veggies that need to be used up. I'll follow up on what I actually end up.....

Okay, in the middle of this post I dragged myself downstairs, finished plucking the meat off the turkey carcass I had in the crock pot, threw together an "everything soup" (everything in the fridge needing to get used up) -- in this case that includes my homemade turkey stock, turkey, carrots, orange and yellow bell peppers, and broccoli. Then I made myself a big ass salad with baby green mix, cheese, turkey, 2 slices of apple, green onions, and blue cheese dressing. Yes, that is a chunk of cream cheese on the side. Yes, I eat cream cheese in chunks. No, I don't feel the need to apologize for it. If I get hungry later, I'll help myself to some soup. Man, I've still got this headache. Off to try and drink a couple glasses of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment