Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Ugh.

So the past couple of days I've been off my game quite a bit.

Sunday:
Woke up with a headache which continued to evolve into a full-blown tension headache with migraine characteristics. Nausea, light sensitivity -- luckily Whitney was able to get me to sleep with her wonderful peppermint essential oil. A dab on the neck and on the pillow really helped relieve the tension enough to sleep.

Monday:
Woke up feeling good -- fasted for most of the morning except for some cups of coffee. Felt desperate to keep that horrible headache from resurfacing. I ate a big ass salad for an early dinner then another salad at a restaurant during our rabbit meeting. I made my own salad dressing using direction from Whitney's mom. Have to play with the proportions to get it where you want it.

Delicious Salad Dressing:
- lemon juice
- olive oil
- apple cider vinegar
- brown mustard
- honey or agave
- salt and pepper

I also came to the conclusion that it is the bacon that gave me the bad headache. I had 6 slices on Sunday and today I had 1 and a half of a slice with my salad. Shortly after I started to get aura sensations and a distant throbbing in my head. Luckily it went away after I ate some more food. I think it's definitely the nitrites so going to skip the bacon unless I can find a good deal on the uncured stuff. I also had a soda at the restaurant and a couple of french fries! >.<

Came home, cleaned the bedroom and drank a lot of water. Overall, I felt much better than I did on Sunday. Eating less food seemed to help and so I'm going to try and be a little less gluttonous over the next few days.


Tuesday:
Today I woke up to a leaking bathroom -- there's a leak somewhere on the roof. When it warms up and rains it seems to leak like the dickens though I can't pinpoint where its coming from. Sigh.

Mentally: A little fuzzy but pretty good. Had very vivid dreams last night.
Physically: Craving water and feeling up to talking a walk or doing something remotely active. But I have rabbit cages to clean and we have to change the oil in the car.

Menu Check-in:

Breakfast - Made a scramble of four eggs, cheddar, avocado, and green onions. Salt and pepper to taste. Simple and delicious. Wasn't really hungry but figured I should start off with some protein and good fat. I think I'm also going to make some coffee but about half what I normally do.

No idea what I'm going to eat the rest of the day, will update later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment